TITLE : Senior Software Engineer / Software Engineer
REPORTS TO : Dominic Rosario
LOCATION : Mangalore, India
No. of position : 02
Diya Systems, is a fully owned subsidiary of GlowTouch Technologies, an award-winning technology services firm delivering custom technology services to business of all sizes around the globe. Headquartered in Mangalore, India, Diya Systems, provide custom application development services, customer and technical support, website development, and more. We started our operations in 2001 and today we are with 1400+ professionals. We are the largest IT/ITeS Company based out of Mangalore. We have been certified in 9001:2008 (QMS), 14001:2004 (EMS) and 27001:2013 (ISMS). You may visit our website (www.glowtouch.com or www.diya.net) to know more about us.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
Developer will be responsible for maintaining and extending InSites, a system that performs web scraping and API based calls at high velocity and maintains the results in the Redshift analytics database. This system provides important and valuable data on our customers for use by marketing and internal analytics.
Requirements can change fairly quickly on this system and are rarely fully defined. The developer should be able to quickly understand changes and their impact on the system, ask probing questions in order to fully understand the requirements. The developer needs to have experience and good judgement in making/recommending design and implementation decisions. Our system is fairly complex and it is important to keep it as simple as possible as it evolves. The developer needs to be able to communicate detailed daily status both written and over videoconference (depending on the day.)
The system uses multiple interacting components (multiple server types, distributed, auto-scaled “scanners”, data ingestion into AWS Redshift (via an AWS Kinesis Firehose) Being able to, instrument, analyze, optimize and debug is a necessity.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Minimum 4+ Years of experience
- Will work both on GCloud and AWS environments, so significant experience with at least one is needed.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails is necessary
- Experience with Python is a bonus, though a willingness to use Python or other languages is necessary.
- Normal working SQL experience
- Knowledge of normal object-oriented design. Should have the understanding and judgement to make good decisions. The product owner is able to help with the overall design.)
- Any graduates or post graduates with proven industry experience will be acceptable.
- Experience with integration testing tools and practices for complex systems
- Machine Learning experience/desire to learn