TITLE : System Administrator
REPORTS TO : Shashikanth
LOCATION : Mangalore, India
No. of position : 01
Diya Systems, is a fully owned subsidiary of GlowTouch Technologies, an award-winning technology services firm delivering custom technology services to business of all sizes around the globe. Headquartered in Mangalore, India, Diya Systems, provide custom application development services, customer and technical support, website development, and more. We started our operations in 2001 and today we are with 1400+ professionals. We are the largest IT/ITeS Company based out of Mangalore. We have been certified in 9001:2008 (QMS), 14001:2004 (EMS) and 27001:2013 (ISMS). You may visit our website (www.glowtouch.com or www.diya.net) to know more about us.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
4 – 6 Years in linux system monitoring role ,supporting a large cluster of servers either in web products or hosting companies (Cpanel/Plesk).
Our company’s world-class family of brands includes Bluehost, HostGator, iPage, Bigrock, Resellerclub, LogicBoxes, , A Small Orange, MOJO Marketplace etc
As part of the Systems Administrators team you will work with a team of highly technical operations engineers, software engineers, and system architects to deliver five 9’s uptime, with a secure, reliable & performing system.
Our teams are small, yet incredibly impactful. We’re highly-motivated, engaged, and empowered to make a difference. We’re looking for talented administrators who are aspiring to be a part of a fast moving industry and help contribute towards it. Does this sound like you? If you meet the below criteria then go ahead and share your resume with us.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in 24×7 shifts Provide remote infrastructure support for our SaaS, PaaS, IaaS products across globally distributed data centers
- Conduct regular patch management and system maintenance to ensure the health of platforms/servers
- Set up health checks for systems & applications in monitoring tools like Zabbix, Nagios, SolarWinds etc
- Troubleshoot and fix issue meeting SLA’s and operational standards
- Manage incidents and escalations as per policies/procedures to meet incident management and uptime SLAs
- Liaise with engineering teams for RCA’s, permanent resolutions on issues using tickets and chat conference rooms
- Identify repetitive tasks and automate using Bash / Ruby / Perl
- Contribute to operations handbook
- Investigate and assess alerts for hardware and schedule replacement or tests
- Initiate emergency maintenance as needed for failed/failing hardware (drives, RAID controllers, power supplies, etc)
- Troubleshoot Cpanel servers for performance issues from user with TOS violation.
- Troubleshoot Open stack Host nodes & SAN nodes for performance issues. Run FSCK on Linux servers.
- Perform full bare metal restore of Cpanel servers using available backup tools and scripts. Troubleshoot MySql DB issues and be well versed with MySQL backup and recovery process.
- Provide guidance to Live Monitoring Administrators regarding hardware status/health, complicated server health analysis Ensure smooth hand-offs between shift
Specialization: Intermediate level skills with Scripting/Programming in Bash/PERL/Ruby/Python/Go/PHP (any) and a fair understanding of regular expressions
- Should have intermediate level skills in Regular expression should be able to read and write it.
- Should be comfortable writing and maintaining script in Bash/Perl/Python up to 20 lines long.
- Should have used tools like GIT/SVN etc.
- Diploma / BE / BCA / MCA / MSc in Comp / BTech/ Mtech (RHCE/CCNA certified will be a Plus)
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (including listening, speaking, and writing) and ability to work well in a diverse, team-focused environment with other teams
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Linux/Unix fundamentals, and Basic understanding of the various tools / services that File Systems troubleshooting are available by default with the Operating system
- Understanding of various distributions nuances (RHEL/Centos/Debian/Ubuntu etc), Package management etc
- Networking experience including packet decoding, layer 2 switching basics and a good understanding of the OSI model Good understanding of concepts like DNS, HTTP, TCP/UDP Hands on experience in RAID / DAS / SAN / NAS Intermediate level skills managing web servers running Apache, Nginx, etc
- BIND, Exim, Dovecot Familiar with Firewall tools like iptables, CSF, LFD Intermediate level skills in managing database servers running MySQL Intermediate level skills with GIT / CVS or any other versioning system Intermediate level skills with Scripting/Programming in Bash/PERL/Ruby/Python/Go/PHP (any) and a fair understanding of regular expressions Experience with MYSQL , PostgresQL etc Experience with Graphite, Ganglia, Zabbix, nagios, collectD, SolarWinds etc
- Knowledge in WHM / cPanel and WHMCS India Only
- Familiarity with web caching technology like Nginx & Varnish Knowledge of DDoS mitigation tools like Arbor etc
- Previous experience working with geographically-distributed coworkers
- Previous work experience on a 24×7 team Knowledge of Virtualization concepts
- Working experience with metric collection of servers and applications
- Advanced skills troubleshooting Hardware Raid controllers on Dell, LSI & Adaptec
- Basic experience with configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, or Ansible Knowledge in Project Management Tool like JIRA/Confluence Familiar with business processes around finance, billing, customer and relationship management.